Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Come, be a threat with me!




It may seem a bit early to share this kind of thing with everyone, but there's been something on my heart since Saturday. Satan doesn't hesitate to attack, does he? Something we can't forget is that the Enemy does not want missionaries to go. He does not want me to raise a team of individuals who are praying and supporting this mission, and he surely wants me to be discouraged by not getting my support by my deadline. We're a threat! Knowing this in my heart makes it easier when I get scared about the amount of support I'm being asked to raise. To be honest, something I have to tell myself every day is that raising support is not begging, it's biblical! This is so exciting and I want you have a chance to be a part of what God is doing!

I ask that you simply pray about it and consider what the Lord is asking you to do. Where God leads, He provides. He's going to pay for what He's ordered! He has given me a considerable amount of peace about the next few months, though Satan is at my door just waiting for my guard to be down. (Isn't that always the case??)

In Romans 10, Paul basically says there are 3 kinds of people: the unsaved, the senders and the goers. I want to give you a chance to be a sender! He also says "How can they hear if nobody tells them? And how is anyone going to tell them, unless someone is sent to do it?"

As for me? I was asked to go, and I am simply going where I'm told. Despite all my fears and hesitations, I am proceeding onward with Christ behind me and in front of me, and I'm now asking you to come along beside me.

No comments: