Monday, November 5, 2007

No one likes muddy water


I just wanted to write a quick heart-to-heart note to you all about something. In years previous, asking for support for missions was a very uncomfortable thing for me to do. I did not have the right perspective. As of late, however, God has given me a boldness that I've never had before to ask for help. The last thing I want to do, though, is make anyone feel awkward, obligated or uncomfortable with my attitude. Though I may be bold in asking you, I still want to be sensitive to personal situations.

PLEASE don't feel awkward if you're unable to help! I understand that we all have our commitments, including tithing and perhaps other missions. I just wanted to make it clear you can feel free to tell me if you can't support me, and I won't get offended! For some of you, God may have blessed you above and beyond your previous commitments and tithing...and if He's laid it on your heart to help, then great! If it's not feasible right now, then great! I would appreciate your prayers! I really do appreciate communication of any kind.

Second, on my brochure I quoted John Piper saying "Go, send or disobey". I wanted to just clarify that quote by saying I didn't mean "Go, send ME, or disobey"! I hope that is clear. Contact me if you want more of an explanation.

Serving the Lord in missions is an exciting thing, and I would hate for miscommunication to muddy up the water. Thank you again to all of you that have helped so far. We're at 16% today. Have a great week! (...and if anyone wants to come help scrub a few cars this Saturday, let me know! I could use a hand or two.)

No comments: